At Mike Counsil Plumbing, we adopt each of these characteristics and have remained a steady presence as one of the top plumbing outfits in the South Bay Area. Are you ready and willing to tackle any residential, service and repair plumbing jobs? We look forward to seeing if you have what it takes to work in an exciting industry and prove your dedication to challenging customer repairs, installations or system replacements.
We are looking for an organized, experienced plumber with exceptional diagnostic and problem-solving skills. In this role, you will successfully have a keen sense of a detail, dedication to customer service, and the commitment to lifelong learning and training as technology evolves.
You must work quickly and efficiently to solve problems and make necessary repairs. You must also be a strong independent and collaborative work as well as physically robust, able to handle set work hours.
What We Offer
- Continuing training and education with career advancement opportunities
- Complete benefits package paid medical/vision, 401K with matching, paid time-off and breakfast/drinks/snacks
- Gas paid, truck provided, launder uniform, 24 Hour Super Sports membership, and monthly bonuses
- Secure income very competitive and usually 25% above the competition
Duties & Responsibilities
- Read technical documents to asses building needs and pipe/plumbing fixture plans
- Determine materials needed for each new project; estimate time and cost
- Install, assemble, maintain, and repair pipes and plumbing fixtures
- Affix clamps, screws, brazing, soldering, welds, etc. to pipes and tubes
- Measure and modify pipes accordingly by cutting, threading, or bending pipes by using specialized tools
- Install and/or repair household appliances like dishwashers, water heaters, toilets, sinks, etc.
- Diagnose plumbing problems and work to resolve any issues
- Repair or replace damaged parts
- Locate and repair water line leaks and remove clogs
- Train new apprentices in proper plumbing techniques and practices
- Confirm pipe system is air/watertight by performing pressure tests
- Keep detailed notes and create work reports documenting projects
- Test plumbing and other installed fixtures to ensure proper functioning
- Educate clients on and install “green” fixtures like water systems, reduced water flow faucets, low-flush toilets, etc.
- Follow state laws and regulations and adhere to local building codes
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, Vocational certification or associate degree preferred
- Valid California driver’s license
- 2+ years’ relevant trade experience
- Proficiency using plumbing tools, materials, and equipment
- Expert knowledge in piping and ventilation systems
- Understands and follows state regulations
- Available to work on call and respond immediately to plumbing emergencies
Join Our Team Today!